Waldorf Exchange Seasonal Program
(for teachers) Apply
We organize international camps for children from all over the world to learn, create and have fun together in a natural environment.
For many parents the summer is an opportunity for their children to be occupied in something completely different than regimental school but with a structure that allows for a child’s personal growth.
We take a well-rounded approach, where children enjoy a multicultural environment. We are inspired by Waldorf education.
The goal for Summer Camps is to provide a healthy, wholesome and international environment for children from all around the world. Learning to play, playing to learn!
WESP LATVIA 2023: 22-31 July
At the moment the WESP 2023 camp is full. You can Apply to be put on a Waiting List.
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information about WESP 2023.
Days are filled with a variety of age-appropriate outdoor activities and natural experiences.
Waldorf Exchange Summer Program will welcome around 70 children from Europe, America, Australia and Asia.
Children are divided in smaller groups of 10-15 by age (accommodation is arranged by gender).
The Waldorf Exchange Summer Program by Adazi Free Waldorf School and Motherground International organisation provide well-rounded, healthy and nature-inspired activities.
WESP is for children aged 8 – 17 years old. At this camp we will have a special Youth House with separate activities for the young adults.
Children enjoy a multicultural environment. In the camp we mainly speak in English but assist children in all the other languages necessary.
Days are filled with singing, play, handcrafts, art, nature and adventure walks, bike riding and river rafting and yet there is still plenty of time for the children to wander and explore, to create, and to dream amidst our beautiful fields, forests, gardens, rivers, and seaside.
The Camp is situated in a countryside area in the western part of Latvia, Kurzeme region, where children will enjoy the majesty of nature surrounded by forests and the Baltic Sea.
Accommodation is in a clean and lovely guest house “Ganibas” in Uzava town. The campsite has sports grounds, beach, forest nearby.
Healthy and mostly locally grown breakfast, lunch, and dinner is provided daily by the guest as well as regular snacks.
Every group will have a Teacher and a Counsellor. Two people that will be the guardians of the small group and will lead activities and take full responsibility for the children in the duration of the Summer Program.
Every day is well thought-out and planned by the Camp teachers and Counselors and overseen by the WESP Principal.
At WESP we have activities that the whole camp take part in, like Morning and Evening Circles, outings outside the Campsite as well as activities in the Little Group and mixed-age groups.
- The WESP Principal is Liva Kirka, a well-experienced camp leader in China and Europe.
- WESP Teachers are professional Waldorf teachers and professionals, that are currently working in a Waldorf school or Waldorf organisation.
- On the Campsite we will have a doctor, who will take responsibility of children’s health issues. For more serious issues we will drive to nearby hospital after informing parents.
- Counsellors are Waldorf graduates, students and enthusiasts from around the world.
- At WESP we have volunteers – people, who will help with different tasks necessary for a smooth and beautiful camp.
- At WESP we will have a functioning office, for contact with parents. We will also post pictures online of every-day activities. We also will have a functioning post office to receive and send letters to and from home.